Poems ...

This term I have a creative writing class mostly doing poetry. Schools been so crazy the last few terms that I haven't had a chance to blog but I'm going to try and put versions of my class assignments here as applicable to the food/culture centred theme of the blog. This one is a pantoum I had to write for class. It is still a "work in progress" so this might not be the final version of it - still I think it should be an enjoyable read for anyone who's spent time in the UK or Anglosphere as it were - and there is plenty of UK foodstuffs mentioned so it does sort of tangientally fit the blog theme.



LONDON STUDY TRIP




Arrive at Heathrow, cold and lonely.
Hungry, beans on toast?
Really, that’s it?
Where’s the bacon! I’ll have a cup of tea too.


Hungry, beans on toast again?
Why did I even bother to wake up this morning?
Where’s the bacon? I guess I’ll have a cup of tea.
While reading Oscar Wilde and Shakespeare.


Why did I even bother to wake up this morning?
Rushing from the train to class, snacking on Jammie Dodgers.
While reading Oscar Wilde and Shakespeare.
Whew I made it!


Rushing from the class to train, more Jammie Dodgers.
Worried I won’t get home in time!
Whew I made it!
Back at the flat now.


Worried I won’t get to the party in time!
Is that Stephen Fry over there?
Darn, I’m tired. Back at the flat now.
Should have introduced myself (frown)?


Was that Stephen Fry over there?
Really, that’s it?
Should have introduced myself, boy am I a bloody idiot!
Arrive at Heathrow, cold and lonely. 

Comments