You Sleep Perfect with Me (Poem, 4th rev.)

You sleep perfect with me

  
I miss your malva scent and the way
Our water bottles line up next to each other
The way your body heat tempers
My coolness

Our water bottles line up next to each other
One drinks in silence
The water, its’ coolness
How refreshing

I drink you up in silence
Then shuffle into the part of your bed that sinks in
Refreshingly it’s a perfect
Perfect fit for my curled body

You roll into the other part of your bed and sink in
We toss and turn in rhythm
You perfectly hug my curled body
Never waking me up 

We toss and turn in a rhythm
You cup my breast and
It doesn’t wake me up
I notice it in the morning

I miss your cookie scent and the way
You cup my breast and your verdant eyes
The way your heat tempers, my djembe heart
Beating a morning notice  

Comments

Popular Posts